Just sketched this up.
This is Vitalis, a character I created in, oh.. 2000 or 2001. He’s a werebat, based on the Australian Ghost Bat. He’s also albino. I honestly don’t know why I don’t draw him more, he’s one of my most fun characters to draw. I think I’ll ink and color this. This is his natural form, the one he was born in. He can take on a fully human form, but he finds it very uncomfortable and somewhat disconcerting, as it lacks the hearing and sense of smell he relies on.
His nose leaf is fused against his nose, up until very recently he entirely lacked one in his design. That right eye is also supposed to be saggy, the eye itself is gone and he wears a prosthetic. He can’t really see worth a damn with his real eye, either, being an albino. He echolocates a lot.
Despite being basically a shape-shifting Australian ghost bat, he is not Australian. He’s Russian, though he’s lived in America for most of his life. Big ol’ cop-out so I don’t have to break my mind trying to write any dialogue in his native language dohoho.
15 Notes/ Hide
- littlecoffeemonsters likes this
- jessicatanguay likes this
- personificationofmadness likes this
- sainnacashel reblogged this from mrpunchinello
- sainnacashel likes this
- savannahhorrocks said: love him ;n; batttts
- savannahhorrocks likes this
- zideck likes this
- charlemaigne-monroe likes this
- carnivaldog likes this
- carnivaldog reblogged this from mrpunchinello and added:
- mongoosefangs said: you draw the best faces *_*
- devildart likes this
- hookteeth likes this
- sexymonstersupercreep said: ohh I was thinking about him the other day, he’s so pretty
- mrpunchinello posted this